Home Forums Discuss Notebook HP & Compaq Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by timofcourse, Jan 13, 201

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jane Doe
    Keymaster

Does anyone happen to know if there are alternatives to the Z Turbo Drive offered in the new zBook 15 and 17 G2? I know this is a SanDisk A110 2260 M.2 PCIe drive and really need 512GB or higher. Unfortunately I have had zero luck tracking down any other 2260 PCIe drives and hoped someone else here may have had better luck.

Thanks!

Jane Doe
    Keymaster

In theory any M.2 2260 drive should work, SATA III or PCIe. So you could try out this 512GB SATA III drive if you don’t mind sacrificing speed for storage space. The newly announced Crucial MX200 should be available in a 500GB M.2 2260 according to their specs.

Jane Doe
    Keymaster

I agree. I would wait for the Crucial though.

@OP – Have you checked it by yourself? Are you sure that only 6cm/60mm (2260) drives can fit in there? If there’s another mounting screw behind it, it can fit 8cm/80mm (2280) drives as well. This would give you a couple more options, like SanDisk X300, which also has quite interesting features. Search for “SD7SN6S-512G-1022” or “SD7SN6S-512G-1122”

Jane Doe
    Keymaster

This is bad, both the non-running drive and the component placement on the motherboard. As win32asmguy suggested, check the BIOS, it should have setting about it. Also I don’t have a motherboard, nor the schematics, in front of me, but I think it should have some kind of mux that switches between SATA and PCIe lines. Of course they could’ve made it entirely PCIe, since it’s, you know, Z Turbo drive 🙂 It’s not that bad, but you’ll have to wait a little longer for more variety.

The slot placement is pretty bad IMO, could be intentional, again, I don’t have the MoBo in front of me, so I’m just guessing – bad HP, bad :p

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[]