Home Forums Discuss Notebook Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards) NBR Creative Benchmark Project (Photoshop, Video Editing, Motion Graphics, 3D Mo

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jane Doe
    Keymaster

There are not many benchmarks which focus on performance in creative applications and the few I’ve found tend to ignore mobile hardware.

However, many of us rely on our laptops to earn a living, complete school assignments or simply express our ideas with projects that make use of Photoshop, video editing, motion graphics, 3D modeling or CAD applications.

When shopping for a new laptop, wouldn’t it be nice to have a clearer idea of how the 970M or 980M cards compare to FirePro and Quadro mobile cards for specific tasks? Or how much CPU throttling in a particular laptop might hurt performance in video editing, etc?

We put together a list of a few benchmarks with links to the test files below – I’d like to invite everyone to try these if you have time!

Even if you are not a heavy user of Adobe apps, for example, you can download a free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. It would be great to have a wide range of results on different laptops, or even run them on your desktop if you have one.

I will be posting a more detailed guide on how to install and use these test files, as well as a link to a shared google doc to record your results.

Jane Doe
    Keymaster

I remember that bigspin has done some these benchmarks in his P751ZM.. See the owners lounge for it or dig it out.. It was literally a few days back..

Jane Doe
    Keymaster

doing graphic stuff is always a real challenge for me.
    I think I need to buy a new computer :))

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[]